Hilton Hotel Windhoek
CTS was awarded the tender to install a water heating system for the Hilton Hotel Windhoek.
The system was installed according to the following specifications:
• 2x 250kW gas fired hot water boiler
• 2x 6800 liter hot water storage tank (also known as calorifier)
• 1x Danfoss Aqua drive 11kW for glycol circulation pump control
• 2x Automatic bypass valves to control water temperature inside tank
• 4x Hot water circulation pumps
The boilers as well as glycol circulation pumps and one hot water storage tank were installed in the boiler room located in the upper basement of the hotel. The second hot water storage tank is installed on the 9th floor of the Hilton Hotel. A glycol circulation system connects the two calorifier with the two gas fired hot water boilers. The glycol circulation pumps are controlled from one Danfoss Aqua drive with cascading functionality to control the pumping speed depending on the temperature in the glycol line.
Each hot water boiler is cycled on a 24 hour basis, should the glycol temperature fall below a predetermined threshold for certain period of time the second boiler will start automatically.
Automatic bypass valves guarantee that the water temperature of each calorifier is kept at a constant 60 – 65 degrees Celsius.