Private Date: 2013
This is a typical photovoltaic (PV) medium scale farm system found on many farms around Namibia. Over the past three years this system grew in PV size from 350Wpeak to ~1200Wpeak.
System specs are:
- PV modules with a total capacity of 1220Wpeak
- 1200VA, 24V Inverter charger
- 40A Solar Charge Regulator
- 360Ah battery bank@24V
- Battery Monitor showing: state of charge (%), charging/discharging current (A), Battery Voltage (V) and time to go (h)
- Switchgear for submersible pump control
The PV modules are mounted on frames facing true north for optimal energy harvesting. During times of limited sunshine, especially the rainy season, battery charging can be increased by starting the generator. Should the AC load increase behind the inverter rating, the generator can support the system to cater for the increased load. No automatic generator start function is included.
Furthermore a second PV system for the Farm workers has been installed to cater for lighting and a TV.
- 2x 90Wpeak PV modules
- 20A Solar Charge Regulator
- 2x 105Ah batteries
- 350VA, 12V inverter